A paradigm: what is it, and how does it form?
I will try in this article to answer this question and a little more…
Did you know that, despite their best efforts, more than 90% of the population still achieves the same results, year after year? This is as true for university interns as it is for people in business.
This is usually very little – almost not enough to make a significant distinction in their lifestyle if there is an improvement.
What’s holding these hard-working people back?
One thing: paradigms
What is a paradigm?
A paradigm can be compared to a program that has actually been installed in your subconscious mind. It is a psychological program that has almost exclusive control over your usual behavior.
When you think about it, almost all your habits are patterns. When you get up in the morning and go to bed at night, you follow a routine. Likewise, how you eat, exercise, work, relax and also when you wake up and go to rest are all behaviors.
Now let’s look at a few other facets of your life on which your paradigm has a considerable influence. It regulates your:
√ Use of Time
√ Ability to Earn Money
The paradigm encloses each of these aspects in a box, and despite your best efforts, you can’t tear down walls until you transform the psychological program.
How do paradigms develop?
Although everyone has paradigms, most of us don’t develop them. We inherited it with our genetic and environmental conditioning.
You have been shaped, for example, by the DNA of your mother and your father and ancestors, as well as by a number of their beliefs – which go back generations.
And that’s not all…
Virtually everything you were exposed to when you were little is also integrated into your heritage.
You see, when you were young, everything that was going on around you went directly into your subconscious, because you didn’t have the ability to reject anything.
All the ideas that were revealed to you over and over again looked like seeds planted in abundant land.
They have taken root and have become part of the paradigms that manage every aspect of your life.
Currently, here’s the twist…
We are not aware of the paradigms in school. So here we are, 20… 30 … 40 … 60 years later to live the same way we were programmed when we were young children.
How to recognize your paradigm…
The most effective way to recognize your paradigm is to check your current results.
- So I encourage you to take a few moments to imagine your life and consider the following questions…
- Does your day begin with a goal and gratitude?
- Are you focused on your day or are you easily distracted, unable to finish anything?
- What is the highest amount you’ve ever earned in a year?
- Do you live the way you really want? If not, why?
- By answering these and other questions, you can focus on your paradigm and identify what controls the results you get in your life.
On the bright side, if you are not satisfied with your results and want to do much better, you can do something about it.
How do you transform a paradigm?
You can’t transform your paradigm with only the will. In fact, there are only two ways to do it.
- The first is an emotional impact. It is when something hits you so hard that your life will never be the same again. It is usually negative in nature, but it can also be something positive.
- The second method is to change the paradigm in the same way that it was formed – through the repetition of ideas. It’s about exposing yourself to a new idea, over and over again, in order to replace one or more old beliefs present in your subconscious.
To begin with, consciously choose a new belief aligned with the results you want and the habits that will lead you to those results.
Then, print this idea – by focusing on it, visualizing it and repeating it emotionally – to your subconscious in a repetitive way.
You must also consciously and deliberately replace “bad” habits with good habits.
Otherwise, you risk forming another bad habit to take the place of the old one.
You’ll be pleased with this information.
Changing only a small part of the old paradigm can make a huge difference in the results you get in all areas of your life.
But make no mistake about it. You cannot change your life permanently until you change your paradigm.
No matter how many times you’ve tried it before, you CAN get much better results in your life.
However, it is difficult to do without the help of a professional.